James Lick 黎建溥
14789 Memorial Drive #2115
Houston, TX 77079, USA
52, 1F Zhong Yuan Street
Taipei 104-69, Taiwan R.O.C.
黎建溥先生 Taiwan R.O.C.
A challenging strategic, architecture, design, and project-oriented position in the Information Technology field focusing on new technologies.
- Architecture, design, development, implementation and administration of large scale
(50,000 user) Enterprise Directory Service/LDAP deployment for phone book and
authentication. Migration from Sun Directory Server to the iPlanet Directory
- Design, implementation and administration of UNIX systems including
Solaris 2.3-10, HA1.3-SC2.1, SunOS 4.x, Red Hat and Debian Linux, BSD, Ultrix, and SVR4.
- Design, implementation and administration of High Availability Cluster systems using
Solstice HA and SunCluster software, including programming of
custom HA service frameworks to provider failover support to unsupported services such
- Hardware administration of systems including Sun Ultra Enterprise servers,
Sun Ultrasparc, Sun Sparc, Sun 3, 8086 through Pentium 4 PCs, and DEC MicroVax II.
- Administration of RAID disk storage using Hardware RAID and Software RAID
based of Sun Solstice Disksuite, Veritas Volume Manager and ZFS.
- Administration of naming services such as NIS/YP and DNS, including
administration of very large NIS domains.
- Programming experience with PHP, Perl, Bourne Shell (sh), C, Pascal, Assembly, BASIC and FORTRAN.
- Strong Internet and Intranet background including most common IP protocols
such as TCP, UDP, NFS, LDAP, SMTP (Sendmail), HTTP, SLIP/PPP, NTP, SNMP, SSH, etc.
- Strong HTML, XML, Web Programming (CGI), and Web Server administration
experience on Apache, Sun WebServer, NCSA, CERN, and Netscape/iPlanet servers.
- Familiarity with physical network configuration including Ethernet, Fast
Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, ATM, FDDI, DSL, ISDN, and T1.
- April 2006-Present Jimmy's Sandwich Company: Chairman Operator of Subway Restaurants in Taipei, Taiwan.
- November 2001-Present tcp.com: Consultant/Owner Providing consulting services including programming, server support, analysis, architecture and design for clients including University of California and IBEX Films, and supporting Internet services for over 75 small businesses and individual users.
- September 1999-November 2001 Sun Microsystems: Lead IT Engineer Directory Services/LDAP Project -- Responsible for architecture, design, development, implementation and administration of Sun's internal Directory Services/LDAP deployment for phone book and authentication services for 50,000 users and Migration from Sun Directory Server to the iPlanet Directory Server product.
- October 1998-September 1999 Sun Microsystems: Bay Area Technical Services Group Staff -- Responsible for strategic planning and testing and
development of new products for Sun's Bay Area facilities. This included
packaging a standardized calendar server for worldwide deployment at Sun.
- January 1998-October 1998 Sun Microsystems: Site Support Specialist Menlo Park Campus -- Responsible for strategic planning and project coordination for Sun's Menlo Park campus. Also responsible for NIS services for Eng.Sun.COM domains and designed and developed a scalable version on netgroup which is ten times faster than standard netgroup.
- October 1993-January 1998 Sun Microsystems: Systems Support Specialist 1, Systems Support Specialist 2 -- Responsible for supporting internal Sun desktop and server systems, doing projects and writing scripts.
- June 1986-August 1993 University of California, Santa Barbara: Systems Administrator, Programmer, Computer Lab Assistant -- Sole SA for small Sun and DEC Unix lab for Mechanical Engineers developing computer simulations.
- August 2003-February 2007 APCAUCE: Chair -- Coordination of Asia Pacific Coalition Against Unsolicited Commercial Email activities including chairing meetings, making presentations and advocating responsible email practices.
- February 2003-August 2003 APCAUCE: Interim Deputy Chair
- 1987-1989 University of California Santa Barbara: Two years towards Computer Science Major
- 1986-1987 Santa Barbara City College: Computer Programming and Mathematics courses taken concurrently with senior year of High School
I am currently only considering positions located in or near Taipei City, Taiwan, San Jose, CA, US or Santa Barbara, CA, US. Work permit status: US: US Citizen; Taiwan: Resident alien with valid JFRV ARC and exempt from work permits under the Employment Services Act, Article 48, Paragraph 1.
Visit Number: 50,351 /
Author: James Lick /